The name of this organization shall be California Korean American Pharmacists Association, hereinafter referred to as CKAPhA.
CKAPhA shall be organized and operated as a Mutual benefit non-profit corporation
ARTICLE II. (제 2 장) PURPOSE (목적)
It shall be the purpose of CKAPhA to establish a network of pharmacist in the State of California in pursuit of excellence in pharmacy professional standards by promoting educational programs of an advanced nature and of a continuing education; providing opportunities to fulfill its civic and social responsibilities to the public and local communities; cultivating a harmonious atmosphere with fellow pharmacists, allied professions, and patients.
ARTICLE III. (제 3장) LOCATION (위치)
The office of CKAPhA shall be at greater
ARTICLE IV. (제 4 장) MEMBERSHIP (회원)
1. Classes of Members: Membership shall consist of two classes: namely, general members and honorary members.
1.1 Full Members (정회원): Any individual, who is a resident of California, holding a legitimate license from the state of California as a registered pharmacist, supports the objectives of CKAPhA and is willing to contribute to the achievement of those objectives.
1.2 Associate Members (준회원): Any deserving individual, who is a resident of California, holds a certificate or similar document as a registered pharmacist in good standing in another state or another country.
2. Certificate of Membership (회원증): The Board of Directors shall issue a certificate of membership, in such forms as it may prescribe, to be issued as a matter of course to each person admitted to membership.
3. Disciplinary Suspension of Membership (자격정지): Membership of CKAPhA shall be suspended without a hearing upon a member’s license to practice be suspended as a disciplinary action by the State Board of Pharmacy or its equivalent, but such suspension of CKAPhA membership shall be eradicated upon reinstatement of the license.
4. Expulsion of Members & Removal from Office (제명 및 해임)
4.1 Membership of CKAPhA shall be terminated automatically without hearing should such license be revoked, withdrawn as a disciplinary action or be cancelled by the State Board of Pharmacy.
4.2 Any member may voluntarily terminate membership by written notice to CKAPhA.
4.3 The CKAPhA may terminate the membership of any member for failure to pay required dues. Such terminations of membership shall be effective at the convenience of CKAPhA in accordance with procedures established by the Board of Directors, and shall terminate the right of any member to all membership benefits and services.
4.4 Membership may be terminated by a two-thirds majority vote of the Board of Directors for improper conduct or for violating the articles of incorporation or bylaws. Before a membership may be terminated the member shall have the right to a hearing before the Board after 14 days written notice of the charges.
4.5 A total of 30 full members may charge that an officer or board member should be removed from office for improper conduct or for violating the articles of bylaws. If the Board determines that such charge is warranted, the member shall be provided a hearing after 14 days written notice of the charges. The removal shall require a two-thirds majority vote of the Board of Directors.
5. Each member shall be entitled to one vote. All members in good standing shall be given the opportunity to vote on important matters of this organization deemed necessary by the Board of Directors. Voting may be accomplished by fax, mail, or any other communication methods, as adopted by the Board of Directors. Each member may choose to fax the ballot even in case of secret vote unless the Board decides against it.
6. A member may not transfer a membership or right arising from it.
7. A member may resign at any time. The resignation of a member does not relieve the member from any obligations he may have to CKAPhA for dues, assessments or fees. No member may avoid liability for dues assessments or dues if the member owes them as a condition of or by reason of the membership. Any member who has resigned must reapply for membership.
ARTICLE V. (제 5 장) OFFICERS (임원 및 임무)
1. Officers: CKAPhA officers shall be the President (회장), President-Elect(차기회장), Vice-Presidents (부회장, up to 3), Treasurer (재무), Secretary (총무), Record keeping(서기), Public Relations (홍보), Education (교육), Fellowship (친교), and Publication (출판). All elected officers shall be general members of CKAPhA. The Executive Council may appoint other officers as it deems necessary.
2. President: The President shall be Chairperson of the Executive Council and Chief Executive Officer of CKAPhA. The President shall appoint the members of standing and special committees with the approval of the Board of Directors, and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Council. The President shall represent CKAPhA to the community and
2.1 Shall preside all meetings of CKAPhA.
2.2 Shall enforce the Bylaws of CKAPhA.
2.3 Shall perform all executive and other duties ordinary appertaining to the office of president.
2.4 May call Executive Council's meeting at any time but at least once every other month.
3. President-elect: The President-elect shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President, and shall perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Council.
4. Vice-president: shall assume the major responsibility of serving the President.
5. Secretary: The administrator shall perform such duties as may be prescribed from time to time by the president; shall also keep a record of all the members of CKAPhA and their addresses; and shall have custody of the original copy of the bylaws and all amendments thereof. The Administrator shall
5.1give notice of all meetings of CKAPhA and of the Board of Directors
5.2Maintain custody of the Non-profit Organization documents and keep update required by the State regulation.
6. Treasurer: The Treasurer shall serve as CKAPhA Chief Financial Officer, shall review the financial records periodically, and report to the Executive Council at specified meetings. The Treasurer shall receive all moneys paid to CKAPhA and be responsible for the deposit of it in Bank. He shall present a full detailed account of receipts and disbursements to the Council whenever requested. The treasurer shall render an annual report at the Annual Meeting of CKAPhA and furnish a copy of the annual report to the auditors.
7. Record Keeping (서기): It shall be the duty of the Recorder to attend all meetings of CKAPhA and of the Council, and to keep accurate minutes of the meetings. The Secretary shall have charge of all the correspondence, books and records of CKAPhA and be under the direction of the President and the Council.
8. Planning: It shall be responsible for all visionary planning and is responsible for developing and recommending the strategic plans, advices, and directions to the Executive Council.
9. Public Relations: The Public Relations is responsible for promoting and maintaining CKAPhA’s values and missions; communicating special projects, events, and activities of CKAPhA.
10. Education: The Education shall identify the needs and issues concerning the continuing education of pharmacists and provide advanced learning opportunities to enhance and improve the quality of pharmacy profession.
11. Fellowship: It shall develop, maintain, and promote a harmonious teamwork among CKAPhA members.
12. Publication: It shall coordinate with the office of Public Relations to collect, organize, edit and publish the history of CKAPhA and the Newsletters.
13. Vacancy: If any vacancy shall occur in an office by reason of death, resignation,
removal, or otherwise, the president shall appoint a member to fill the vacancy until the next annual meeting.
14. Absence of President: In the event of the absence, disability or refusal of the President to act, the President-elect shall assume the responsibilities. In the further event of the absence, disability, or refusal of the President and the President-elect to act, the Board of Directors shall designate one of the officers to act.
ARTICLE VI. (제6장) EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (임원회)
1. Composition: The Executive Council shall consist of the designated officers. All members of the Executive Council shall be Full members of CKAPhA.
2. Duties and Authority: The Executive Council shall be responsible for the execution of Bylaws and the general management of CKAPhA affairs, including but not limited to, any specific duties stated in these Bylaws. It shall oversee and approve all CKAPhA programs and activities.
3. Quorum: The majority shall constitute a quorum.
4. Voting method: Any question which might be decided by vote taken at any Executive Council meeting may, at the discretion of the Executive Council, be decided by vote taken by mail, telegram, FAX, or telephone ballot.
ARTICLE VII. (제7장) AUDITORS AND COMMITTEES
1. Auditors (감사): The auditors shall have access to the books and records of the secretary and the treasurer at all reasonable times throughout the fiscal year. They shall render an opinion on the financial statement included in the annual report of the treasurer and shall furnish one copy each thereof to the officers.
1.1 Two immediate Past-Presidents shall be auditors unless otherwise specified by the Board of Directors.
2. Committees (위원회): The President may create committees (Advisory committee, Editor’s committee, Group Purchasing Committee, Election committee, Nomination committee etc.) as it deemed necessary upon approval by the Board of Directors in order to carry out the purpose of the CKAPhA, and the President may specify the number of members to compose each committee and the duties thereof.
2.1 Appointments by President: The President shall appoint committee members for
each committee, and a chairperson of the committee shall be elected by majority of
ARTICLE VIII. (제8장) BOARD OF DIRECTORS (이사회)
1. Composition (구성): The Board of Directors shall consist of 10-20 persons who are general member of CKAPhA, all of whom will be volunteers and non-paid personnel of this Association.
2. Terms (임기): Executive Council shall appoint the directors for 1 year term, after which they may be reappointed by next Executive Council.
3. Duties and Authority (임무): The duties of the Board of Directors shall be to support CKAPhA financially and advise and cooperate the affair of the Association.
3.1 The Board of Directors shall approve the annual budget submitted by the Executive Council.
3.2 The Board of Directors shall approve the officers appointed by incoming president.
3.3 The Board of Directors may draft the general policies and procedures as it deemed necessary and present to the Executive Council to be approved. When the proposal was rejected by the Executive Council, the Board of Director shall have the overriding privilege to reaffirm upon the two third of vote of the Board of the Directors.
3.4 The Board of Directors may remove the officer by the 2/3 vote of all directors upon request of majority of Board members
4. Meeting (회의): Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held quarterly and additional meetings may be held on the call of the chairperson of Board of Directors or by Executive Council, or by any 5 of the directors.
4.1 Notice of any meetings of the directors shall be posted not less than 1 weeks before the meeting. The notice of any special meeting shall state the purpose or purposes of the proposed meeting.
4.2 The majority shall constitute a quorum for official action by the directors.
4.3 Members of the Board of Directors may participate in a meeting by means of a telephone conference or similar method of communication by which all persons participating in the meeting can hear each other. Participating in a meeting pursuant to this subsection constitutes presence in person at the meeting.
4.4 Any decision of Board of Directors shall be made by majority vote of all members
5. Any vacancies of the Board of Directors, whether caused by failure to elect, resignation, and death or otherwise, may be appointed by the Executive Council.
6. All vacancies in the Executive Council, whether caused by failure to elect, resignation, and death or otherwise, may be appointed by the Board of Directors at any stated or special meeting.
7. The President is subject for termination if he or she is unable to fulfill the duties and responsibilities specified in the Bylaws or as specified in the membership termination clause in Article 5.4. The decision must be approved by 2/3 vote of the Board of Directors.
8. Each Board member is expected to communicate with the Chairperson in advance of all Board meetings stating whether or not he or she is able to attend or participate by conference telephone or other agreed-upon means of communication.
9. Any Board member who is absent from two successive Board meetings, without any acceptable prior excuse, shall be deemed to have resigned due to non-participation, and his/her position shall be declared vacant.
ARTICLE IX. (제9장) GENERAL MEETING (총회)
1. Annual meeting (정기총회): There shall be an Annual Meeting of CKAPhA held within 30 days before the fiscal year end at such place and on such day and hour as the Executive Council determines.
2. Special Meeting (임시총회): Special meeting may be called at any time by the President or by a majority of the directors and shall be called by the secretary upon the written request of not less than 50 members of the Association entitled to vote. Any such special meeting shall be held at the time not less than 15 days, or more than 45 days, after receipt of the request for the meeting. Such request shall in any case state the purpose or purposes of the proposed meeting. Agenda discussed at all special meetings shall be confined to the subjects stated in the call and matters germane thereto.
3. Quorum (성수): At such meeting of the Association, the presence of 30 members in person shall constitute a quorum. If no quorum were present within 1 hour after the time appointed for meeting, such meeting should be considered adjourned.
3.1 Adjournment: The members present may adjourn the meeting to be conveyed at a
specified date, and the secretary is required to send to all members of the
association notices of such adjournment and said new meeting date.
4. Majority Vote (다수의결): At any meeting, otherwise specified, any action by a majority of members where a quorum is present shall be the action of the membership of this Association.
5. Arbitrary rule: If any disagreement arises between two or more parties, the issue shall be presented before the president. The president shall make the decision under by-laws. If there is no proceeding case, the President will use his/her best judgement.
ARTICLE X. (제10장) FEES, DUES (재정)
1. Annual dues, application fees, director’s fee and all other charitable donations shall provide the financial support for CKAPhA.
1.1 Dues (회비): Annual dues shall be paid to the Association. The Board of Directors shall determine the annual dues, which shall be paid by each member in accordance with such classification as it determines appropriate, and may require dues of a different amount for each class to be created.
1.2 Application fee (입회비): The Board of Director shall determine the amount of
application fee, if any, which applicants for membership shall pay.
2. Fiscal Year (회계연도): The fiscal year of the Association shall begin on October 1 and end on September 30 of the succeeding calendar year.
3. Refund: Members shall not be entitled to a refund of any dues and fees paid.
ARTICLE XI. (제11장) ELECTION (선거)
1. Eligibility To Vote: General members as specified in Article 5.1.1 are eligible to vote.
1.1 Honorary members shall have no voting rights and may not hold office in CKAPhA. However, all other privilege of CKAPhA shall be extended.
2. Election: The President-elect will be elected at the annual meeting each year.
3. Registration: Candidate should submit a written application to Election committee no later than 21 days prior to the election.
4. Election committee shall announce the election date at least 30 days prior to election; a list of candidates shall be distributed no later than 14 days prior to the election. Election committee shall organize elections, count ballots and announce the result.
5. Majority vote rules. In the case of no majority on the first vote, two most voted candidates would be the only eligible candidates for the final election. This rule will be valid if a number of candidates are more than two.
6. Term (임기): The Executive council shall serve 1-year term. The President’s term may be extended for additional 1-year term with a recommendation of the Board of Directors by a two-third of vote. Such recommendation shall be made no later than 60 days prior to the election. Vote for re-election shall be conducted at the annual meeting to approve by a majority vote. The President-elect term shall be extended additional 1 year automatically.
ARTICLE XII. (제12장) AMENDMENTS (정관개정)
1. Proposed Amendments: Every proposal to adopt, amend or rescind the Bylaws shall be in writing and shall set forth the nature of the proposal. Such proposal may be initiated and presented to the secretary 15 days in advance by the Board of Directors or Executive Council or by 50 or more members in good standing.
2. Voting on Amendments: At two-third affirmative vote of the members voting is required to adopt, amend or rescind the Bylaws at any annual or special meeting called for that purpose.
3. Quorum: 50 members presence required to constitute.
ARTICLE XIII. (제13장) NON DISCRIMINATION
1. The members, officers, directors, committee members and persons served by this Association shall be elected entirely on a nondiscriminatory basis with respect to age, sex, race, religion, and national origin.
ARTICLE XIV. (제14장) MISCELLANEOUS (부칙)
1. Parliamentary Procedure: All questions of parliamentary procedure not covered in these Bylaws shall be resolved according to Robert's Rules of Order (latest edition) published by www.constitution.org
2. This CKPhA Bylaws shall be effective as of January 1st, 2001
ARTICLE XV. (제15장) AMENDMENTS (개정)
1. First Amendment: was effective as of 2006
2. Second Amendment: was effective as of 2008
3. Third Amendment: Effective Date: These Bylaws shall become effective upon approval by the vote of full members in Jan. 8th 2009.
4. Fourth Amendment: change the president's term from 1 year to 2 year (September 13th, 2013)
5. Fifth Amendment: Create an Advisory Board. 자문 위원회 구성 (September 13th, 2013)
6. Sixth Amendment: CKPhA Scholarship Foundation will be replaced by the Property Management Committee (PMC) 회관관리위원회 구성 (September 13th, 2013)
7. Seventh Amendment: Establish a Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) for the pharmacy owners only, of CKAPhA (September 13th, 2013)
8. Eighth Amendment: All officers of one entity (CKAPhA) will hold the same officer of the other entity (CKPhA). CKAPhA (mutual benefit) 임원은 CKPhA (public benefit) 의 임원경임 (September 13th, 2013)
9. Ninth Amendment: Incorporation of student membership (September 13th, 2013)
10. Tenth Amendment: Article X.2 Fiscal Year (회계연도): The fiscal year of the Association shall begin on January 1st and end on December 31st of the succeeding calendar year. (October 25th, 2016)
11. Eleventh Amendment: Article XI.1 Annual Meeting (정기총회): There shall be an Annual Meeting of CKAPhA held within 90days before the fiscal year end at such place and on such day and hour as the Executive Council determines. (October 23th, 2016)
12. Twelfth Amendment: Article XI.2 Election: The President-Elect will be elected at the annual meeting (Removed the word "each year" since president's term has been changed from 1 year to 2 years). (November 15th, 2016)
13. Thirteenth Amendment: Article VIII.1 Composition (구성): The Board of Directors shall be consist of 10-20 persons who are general members of CKAPhA, all of whom will be volunteers and non-paid personnel of this Association. (October 15, 2019)